- By using the Website you are accepting the terms of the Policy, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your information as described in the Policy.
- We appreciate that your privacy is important to you. Jamberoo Action Park will continue to protect the personal information you provide us and we will manage your information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment.
- We may make changes to the Policy from time to time and, if the Policy affects your rights or obligations, will endeavour to notify you in advance of the changes. The most recent version of the Policy applies and, if you continue to use the Website after a change to the Policy becomes effective, then you agree and acknowledge the revised Policy.
Application of the Policy
This Policy applies to the Website and any other website or service operated by Jamberoo Action Park.
When do we collect information?
- We do not automatically collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information about you (personal information).However, we may collect information when you:
- voluntarily provide personal information about yourself — that is, we collect personal information with your informed consent such as when you make a purchase on the Website, use Wi-Fi provided by us, contact us via email or social media, complete surveys presented by us or subscribe to our newsletter;
- use the Website and anonymous, non-personal information about how you use the Website is obtained; and
- use the Website and accept cookies, allowing us to collect cookie-based information that makes your use of the Website easier by recording your preferences so that when you return to the Website the cookie re-loads that information.
Why do we need to collect information?
We collect personal information when you volunteer that information in order to carry out a transaction or receive a service from the Website. The personal information collected through the Website will be used to complete the transaction entered or provide the services you have requested. Your personal information may be used in relation to any survey, promotional offer or any competition you may enter on the Website.
What information do we collect?
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what services on the Website that you use. The information that we may collect when you use the Website includes:
- personal information including your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers and contact details which you provide when registering with the Website, carrying out a transaction on the Website or subscribing to the newsletter or any other service on the Website;
- information about your use of the Website and its features;
- information about the transactions that you carry out using the Website;
- information about your card and bank account details where you carry out a transaction on the Website using your credit card, debit card or direct debit from your bank account;
- information concerning the devices you use to access the Website, including hardware and software information and information of your internet connection;
- general information about visits to the Website collected by our servers, with small files called cookies that our Website transfers to your device (if you allow the delivery of cookies). The cookies are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Website are visited, in what order and how often and the previous websites visited. The anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not personal information as described in the Privacy Act and cannot be used to discover any personal information such as your name, address or email address; and
- any other information that you choose to send to Jamberoo Action Park.
Why do we use “cookies” and other web use tracking technologies?
We collect information using cookies and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- to help us monitor the performance of the Website so that we can improve the operation of the Website and the services we offer;
- to provide personalised services to each user of the Website to make their navigation through the Website easier;
- when we have permission from the user, to market the services we provide by sending emails that are personalised to what we understand are the interests of the user.
- to log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors to the Website so that we can work out the countries in which the computers or devices are located.
How do we store and protect your information?
- We use different technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access, loss, alternation, disclosure or use. Some of the safeguards we use are secure servers, physical access controls, information firewalls and access authorisation controls to where your information is held in information systems. We also use data encryption technology when personal information is transferred or transactions are carried out using the Website. Our commitment to data security means:
- we have procedures to limit access to personal information within Jamberoo Action Park;
- we use security measures and technologies within Jamberoo Action Park to protect your personal information; and
- we use service providers that can establish that they have secure controls relating to software security, access security and network security, including where credit card information is being transferred.
- Despite our best efforts to ensure the security and safety of your information, you agree and acknowledge that Jamberoo Action Park does not promise or undertake to always keep your information secure.
How do we deal with data breaches?
Jamberoo Action Park has a mandatory notification procedure in place to notify you in the unlikely event that information of yours that is held by us is accessed without authorisation by a third party.
- In the event that Jamberoo Action Park suspects that:
- unauthorised access or disclosure of your information occurs and is likely to result in serious harm to yourself or another individual to whom that information relates; or
- information is lost in circumstances where unauthorised access or disclosure of information is likely to occur and it can be reasonably concluded that such an outcome would result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates;
Jamberoo Action Park will undertake an investigation of the breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach.
- Where Jamberoo Action Park believes that either of the incidents set out in clause 7(a) has occurred, Jamberoo Action Park will notify you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OIAC) and provide details of the information breach, the information concerned and the recommended next steps that the affected individual/s should take in response to the breach.
How long do we store your information?
We keep your information for as long we require it for business purposes and as permitted by the applicable law.
What use do we make of your information?
Predominately, Jamberoo Action Park uses your information to provide the Website and its services and does so pursuant to its legitimate interests at law.
The reasons that we may use your information include:
- facilitate your access to and use of the Website and its services;
- to improve, administer and personalise the Website and the services that we provide to you;
- process and carry out transactions you make on the Website, including collecting payments from you, providing products and services to you that you have purchased on the Website and issuing you with invoices and/or statements for your purchases;
- publish information about you on the Website, including for the purposes of marketing Jamberoo Action Park;
- to send you marketing communications and to otherwise recommend to you information about other products and/or services or special promotional offers from Jamberoo Action Park and the Jamberoo Action Park Group of Companies, which include Steamers Bar and Grill, City Beach Function Centre and Longboard Café;
- to prevent, discover and fight illegal or unauthorised activities such as misbehavior on the Website or fraud; and
- to comply with applicable laws or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
How do we share your information?
Jamberoo Action Park may share your information with our trusted partners, agents or subcontractors for the purposes outlined in clause 1.9.
Parties we may share your information with include:
- third party partners or service providers who assist us with providing our services, this may include, but is not limited to, in the capacity of technical support, customer service or marketing;
- other corporate entities where Jamberoo Action Park is involved in a corporate transaction involving a change in the ownership or control of the Website and/or Jamberoo Action Park;
- law enforcement authorities where we are required to release your information to comply with applicable laws or where we act to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety;
- any party necessary where we are acting to mitigate our legal liability, protecting or acting upon our legal rights or those of our users, partners or affiliated parties or preventing illegal activity or wrongdoing;
- any party where you have given your consent to Jamberoo Action Park to share your information.
How can I access the information that you collect?
- We are happy to provide you with details of personal information held about you. APP 12 allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you.
- To access this information, you need to email or write to us using the contact details below.
- APP 13 allows you to ask us to take reasonable steps to correct any personal information that is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
- If you believe that your information has been misused, you can inform us of your complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to resolve the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to the OAIC.Telephone: 1300 363 992.Email: email@example.com
OAIC complaints page: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Third party links
Our Website may include links to websites operated by third parties. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties for other goods or services received or advertised through websites operated by third parties.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any comment about linked websites.
Unsubscribing from notifications
You can, at any time, decide not to receive emails or notifications from Jamberoo Action Park and will be able to “unsubscribe” from any service where we send you emails or notifications.
By using our Website, you consent to the Policy.
Changes to the policy
- If we decide to change the Policy, we will post those changes on this page, and update the Policy modification date below.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree and acknowledge that the information that Jamberoo Action Park collects may be stored, processed and/or transferred between any of the countries in which Jamberoo Action Park operates.
- If any part of the Policy is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of the Policy and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- The Policy will be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of New South Wales, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
- You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New South Wales to determine any dispute arising out of the Policy.